Saturday, August 15, 2009
Soon after, she was invited to move back to Aspen to apprentice with a family friend, Elaine Greenspan, to learn the ancient Etruscan art of 22kt gold granulation and jewelry fabrication. After Elaine retired, she encouraged Harmony to follow in her footsteps and open her own Aspen Jewelry Store. Harmony's partner and love, Justin Doty, supported and encouraged her young design business and joined Harmony full-time in 1999. Together they showed at art fairs & trunk shows and traveled the country to place her jewelry in galleries & boutiques, living out of their little truck camper and being ski-bum jewelers. In 2001 they were finally ready to put down roots in the Roaring Fork Valley.
They opened their first store in the little town of Carbondale, just down the road from Aspen. The enormous success was exciting & daunting. Harmony and Justin couldn't keep up with demand and saw an opportunity to expand their production in Bali, Indonesia. Harmony & Justin met Wayan Subawa on their first visit to Bali. In Wayan, they found a perfect partner to realize their jewelry dreams. Wayan was ready to take on the challenge of learning about the jewelry process and working with Harmony & Justin to produce high quality jewelry with love and attention to detail. Soon Wayan's wife, niece and friends were working in his house, producing Harmony's beautiful designs. Now that the jewelry production was in place, Harmony and Justin were ready to take on new challenges in their business.
They opened their second store in Aspen during Christmas of 2003. Shortly after, they began to find a select group of boutiques and galleries to carry their work nation-wide. Every Spring and Fall, Justin and Harmony travel to Bali to design and produce the next collection that is now available in their Colorado stores, on the website, and through the circle of galleries that carry Harmony's designs. Harmony Scott Jewelry now employs four amazing women who manage and run the 2 stores, wholesale accounts, and website business from Carbondale & Aspen. In Bali, Wayan and his family are a group of four people making the limited-edition designs.
You can contact Harmony Scott Jewelry at:
199 Main Street
Carbondale, CO 81623
411 East Hyman Avenue
Aspen, CO 81611
Learn more about: Harmony Scott | Aspen Jewelry Store
Monday, August 10, 2009
Though most of would love to wear expensive diamonds and pearls, we all have our financial constraints. However, that doesn't really mean that we can't look good and have something nice to wear! These days custom bridal jewelry is one of the most affordable and elegant options for brides and their bridesmaids!
Custom jewelry is also known as fashion jewelry and nowadays more and more brides are opting for bridal costume jewelry rather than invest in diamonds, gold and other precious stones. Why? Here are some reasons why bridal costume jewelry scores notches over the traditional jewelry:
1. Trendy and fashionable: As a bride you want to look trendy and fashionable. Custom Bridal jewelry keeps changing with the current trends. So that means that when you choose your bridal jewelry you are actually keeping abreast of the trends of the season. The traditional jewelry may look boring since its been there and people have seen it a million times. However, your bridal jewelry can really pique the interest of the onlookers.
2. Inexpensive: While the bridal jewelry may look expensive, it's actually very affordable. So, even if it gets outdated after a while, you won't really mind returning it to your jewelry box. However, on the other hand if your real diamonds and pearls cannot be worn by you due to the latest fashion trends, you won't really like it would you?
3. Expensive looking: We all would love to wear rock size diamonds, but not all of us can afford it! However, with costume bridal jewelry you can wear rock size diamonds which look real! These days bridal jewelry looks so authentic that it's difficult to distinguish between the real and the fake. So, you get the effect of the real stones, without having to spend more of your real money!
4. Safety: Today's world is full of people who want to make easy money. They like robbing people of their jewelry and money. However, if you have costume wedding jewelry and your jewelry gets displaced or stolen, it won't be as bad as somebody stealing the real thing!
5. Matching: Costume wedding jewelry comes in all kinds of colors and styles; hence you can really choose well to go with your dress and the dresses of your bridesmaids.
6. Usability: You can use your bridal jewelry for as long as you like since it is so trendy and fashionable.
Custom bridal jewelry is available in various designs and patterns. For approximately $30 and less you can look like a million bucks! There are various setting available ranging from pearl wedding sets to crystal wedding sets and rhinestones wedding sets.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Friday, August 7, 2009
If you want to be innovative with your bridal jewelery, handmade ornaments are an amazing choice. These brilliant jewels are prepared manually making use of no machines which give them an original and creative touch.
Although there are a lot of bridal jewelery options which you would come across on the internet, however, the handmade pieces are very distinctive and luring. As your wedding day calls for something out of the ordinary, handmade bridal jewelry can do the trick for you. These carefully designed ornaments will make you look stunning and a gorgeous bride. The warmth and chic attached to these jewels are matchless.
Being your bridal jewelry, whatever you wear ought to carry love and chic in it as well for which handmade pieces is perfect embodiment. Not only this, handmade bridal jewelery is a great options for those who have a tight budget yet they which to make the best of this occasion and obtain bridal jewellery which would make them look just perfect.
Handmade bridal jewelleries, be they necklaces or earrings, appear as stunning pieces of art and style which mesmerize the onlooker and give added confidence and joy to the wearer.
You can find some amazing handmade jewelry online as well in your local jewelery store. However, to be able to make the best choice of handmade jewelery, keep your dress design in mind. If your bridal jewelery is not in harmony with your dress, no matter how great a handmade ornament you wear it will not make you look perfect.
This is because the bridal jewelery together with the dress makes a perfect match and makes you look like the dream bride. It is not wrong to state that the best handmade jewelery has to complement your wedding dress. Otherwise no matter how expensive a factory made or handmade jewelery you wear, you will fail to create the look you deserve.
Be it the necklace or your earrings or ring, make sure the color as well as the material of your handmade bridal jewelery is appropriate and inline with the latest trends to make you look like the prettiest bride on earth.